Frequently Asked Questions
When do I apply?
1. When do I apply?
An advertisement will be placed in the leading newspapers on December 2, 2013. Students can apply through an online admission form (available on the web-site).
2. What is the duration of the Orientation Program?
The Duration of the Orientation Program will be as follows:
Matric Student May to June 2014 One Month
HSSC Level-I student May to June 2014 One Month
Aptitude Test 2014 March 9, 2014 (Round No.1)
June 22, 2014 (Round No.2)
3. How do I apply in the NTHP Program?
Following students are eligible to apply in the NTHP Program 2014:
a. Students with 80 % or above in the Matric examination conducted by the Board of Secondary Education of Pakistan in the year 2013 and will be appearing for the HSSC Level-I examination in the year 2014.
b. Students with 75 % or above in the HSSC –Level –I examination conducted by the Board of Secondary Education of Pakistan in the year 2013 and will be appearing for the HSSC Level-II examination in the year 2014.
4. Where can I get the application form?
Application forms are available free of cost on our web-site. The Application form can be download from our website (http://nthp.iba.edu.pk) and the student send it back by February 2, 2014 to the Coordinator, IBA National Talent Hunt Program 2014, IBA Main Campus, University Road Karachi.
5. What documents are required to apply for the National Talent Hunt Program 2014?
The following documents are supposed to attach with the application form:
1) Copies of Computerized NIC’s of all family members
2) Salary slip / Income certificate (or Pension slip) of all earning family members *
3) Bank statements for last six month of all family members having an account. Income tax returns of all earning family members for last year.
4) Fee bill and any concession document from the last institution you attended.
5) Utility bills last six month;
a) Electricity b) Telephone c) Gas d) Water
6) Saving certificates, bonds, shares, investments, CDC account statement.
7) Property ownership documents, including agriculture land, plots and houses.
8) Rent agreement (if applicable)
9) Loan document(s), including credit card bills and bank loan statements.
10) Medical bills / expenditure related documents.
11) Latest fee challans / Fee concession (scholarship / loan) document(s) of sibling(s).
12) Wealth statement for all family members for last year.
13) Your domicile certificates.
14) Any other relevant document(s) necessary to support your application.
15) Statement of purpose.
16) Educational documents (F.A./ F.Sc/ H.Sc.)
* Note: An income certificate is the document that shows monthly/annual income. If your parents/guardian is salaried, an original copy of a pay slip should be attached, otherwise if your parents/guardian owns a business they should submit Bank Statement for the last six months. If parents/guardian does not fall in either of the above two categories (that is salaried employee or business man) they should submit an undertaking on a stamp paper/affidavit (of Rs.20) stating their income and with relevant details.
6. Is IBA’s National Talent Hunt Program a Scholarship Program?
IBA’s National Talent Hunt Program is a need cum merit based program. Students selected in the National Talent Hunt Program will be given training on three subjects (Subjects mentioned below) for a period and prepare them for IBA aptitude test 2013. Those who would be selected and successfully enrolled into IBA for the undergraduate programs will then apply for the scholarship via NTHP scholarship scheme for which the Scholarship Committee will decide the need criteria upon induction of student in the undergraduate program of IBA.
7. Who can apply for this National Talent Hunt Program 2014?
National Talent Hunt Program is a need-cum-merit based program. Only those students who can establish their eligibility as a genuinely deserving candidate will be considered.
8. What is the minimum percentage required to apply in the NTHP Program 2014?
For Matric (X): 80% or above (2013)
For HSSC Level-I (XI): 75% or above (2013)
9. Are the students who belong from Sindh(Rural), and have appeared from BISE- Hyderabad, Larkana, Sukkur, Mirpurkhas, are they eligible to apply in the National Talent Hunt Program 2014?
Preference will be given to students from the rural areas of Sindh, Punjab, Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhawa, Gilgit Baltistan and FATA who are unable to apply for IBA due to financial constraints. Students of BISE- Hyderabad, Larkana, Sukkur, Mirpurkhas are only eligible to apply in the IBA-Sindh Foundation Program. (http://sthp.iba.edu.pk/foundation)
10. What is the procedure of the Application Form?
After receiving applications forms from all over Pakistan, we review and short-list them according to the eligibility criteria for the program. Once the process is complete, the short-listed candidates are contacted and informed about the time, date and venue of the Assessment Test.
11. By when will the Interviews be scheduled?
Students who clear the Assessment Test are contacted and informed about the time, date and venue of the Panel Interview.
12. Can students of General Science group apply in the National Talent Hunt Program 2013?
Yes. Students of all discipline can apply for the NTHP Program 2012. However, when applying for the IBA’s entrance test, discipline matter. In IBA, there are three main disciplines BBA, BS and BBA Entrepreneurship. For BBA and BBA Entrepreneurship students belonging to any group may apply but for BS, only students associated with Pre-Engineering or General Science (Mathematics) group can apply.
13. Which subjects should I study to be able to get through the Assessment test of NTHP Program 2014?
You should mainly focus on matric-level & Intermediate-level Mathematics and English to appear in the assessment test if shortlisted.
Which books should I prefer for the entrance test of IBA?
You can study SAT – I (For BBA Entrance Test) or SAT –II (For BS Entrance test).
Will there be a separate IBA entrance test for NTHP Program students?
No, students of NTHP Program will give test with other applicants who come from all over Pakistan. It is a purely a merit-cum-need based program and there are no seats on Quota basis.
What is the criterion of short listing students for the NTHP Program?
All of the participants of the NTHP Program are short listed on the merit-cum-need basis.
What subjects would be taught in NTHP Program?
We give training to the selected students in the following subjects which is based on one month:
3. Presentation & Communication Skills
In which campus of IBA, The NTHP Orientation classes would be held?
The Classes will be held in the IBA Main Campus from May 2014 to June 2014.
Who will fund the NTHP Program?
IBA National Talent Hunt Program is a joint venture between IBA Karachi & IHSAN TRUST with the objective to select and prepare the deserving students from all the provinces of Pakistan for the IBA aptitude test 2014.